Front Page

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The HEALTH in Health IT Junkie



While this blog is ostensibly about all things healthcare IT, I do have other interests in my life. One of those is cycling and another The Jimmy Fund. As it turns out, those two interests converge each year on the first weekend in August when I ride in the Pan-Mass Challenge. In its 30-year history, the PMC has raised over $270 million dollars for cancer research and treatment through The Jimmy Fund.

By this time each year I will have ridden my bike over 2,000 miles and raised over $4,500 in preparation for this annual ride. I will have sent out 400 emails, 40 letters and still more hand-delivered in neighborhood mailboxes (old school SPAM) requesting donations. Now all I have to do is ride my bike with over 5,000 of my closest friends across the state of Massachusetts in two days. In other words, now the fun (and rewarding) part begins.

You can donate to the cause by visiting the PMC website.

No comments:

Post a Comment